Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Refuge

Since around the new year, I've been pushing myself hard spiritually, seeking to grow and learn and minister, and it has been good. I've met God in new ways through prayer and His words. I've developed some discipline. I've built a stronger base of knowledge about the Old Testament, among other things. I've challenged myself to be really getting something from all of the routines in my life-- reading the Bible, church, prayer, work-- and the outcome has been well worth it. I plan to continue with this endeavor in the coming months.

But sometimes you just need to rest. So last night I set aside Leviticus and picked up the psalms:

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.' He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
Psalm 91:1,2, & 4

No comments:

Post a Comment