Thursday, January 5, 2012

Epic

I'm restless again. The part of me that resonates deeply with epic stories gets stirred up from time to time, so that the routine and the mundane become like shackles I can't wait to shake off and run far and fast just because I can, and to know that I can. I try to satiate the restlessness with travel, with physical challenge, with new mental territory. Always beforehand it seems like just the right journey will cure it, just the right new mountain to climb will call it satisfied. But I'm learning that it's my innate connection to a greater epic, and it won't be filled by anything this earth can give.

I serve the God that has placed eternity in the hearts of men, and has also kept it, for the time being, just out of their reach. Cruel? Maybe it seems so, but it's what keeps us striving, keeps us alive. If we could grasp it so quickly, what else would there be to live for?

At this juncture, and every time I come to this place again in this life, the only answer is to dive into the One who tantalizes us with a loftier purpose than anything satiable. The epic is dear to His heart, and He is the greatest storyteller... I will burrow deeper into Him and await the unfolding, knowing that He will fulfill what is in His heart and what He has placed in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment