Thursday, January 19, 2012

Addiction to fiction

You're bringing into focus
my addiction
to fiction
My succumbing to the siren-song
of someone else's life
Just how easy it can be
to lose myself
mis-invest my wealth

to waste the minutes
(and miss the Moments)
investing time and interest
in pixel-fabricated quests.

Will I one day wake
and wonder at the fact
that I've missed my own path
forgotten entirely
to bring to life the history
You had in mind while dreaming me?

(My own, complicated travels
may take more than ninety minutes to unravel
but the salt of sweat
and iron of blood
is real--
Never let me forget what it is
to feel.)

But bless You, You're pursuing me
wooing me
into marriage with reality
Gritted-teeth commitment to face here and now
with shoulders squared, feet firm on the bow
and arms thrown wide
I'll laugh with the sea-spray on my face
give thanks to You in every place
open my eyes
and enjoy the ride

Father, let Your voice
narrate the mysteries
wilder than fiction
truer than history
I'll let Your love-song
be the soundtrack to my life.

1 comment: