Sunday, June 13, 2010

The best place to be

"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon You."
-Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah, in 2 Chronicles 20:12

The people of Judah face a great army coming to invade and take possession of their land. They do not have the forces to defend themselves or time to come up with a solution, and so they stand unified before the Lord, fasting and pleading with Him as they wait on His guidance.

Do they know that they are in the best possible place? That their weakness is their strength, for God's power is made manifest in their weakness?

When we come to times of crossroads and crisis, I pray that our response will be the same. We do not know what to do, Lord, but our eyes are upon You.

1 comment:

  1. As per usual, I fall behind in reading your blogs. But, then I have a morning like this one (a tough conversation that left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and an ache in my heart) and I get to be encouraged by a wonderful woman of God such as yourself. Molly, you have a gift for writing, among many other things. I think you should consider writing a devotional :P I know I'd buy it!!! haha.

    May God bless you and keep you today, tomorrow, and always. I love you and I miss you!!! <3 Bri

    ReplyDelete