Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Doing life together

It's been a while since I last wrote-- I took a couple of weeks off of work to take part in the wedding of two friends in California, as well as to spend some sweet time in fellowship with friends there, in Oregon, and in Washington. What a blessing! I am (now that I have caught up on the sleep I did not get while traveling) refreshed and rejuvenated, encouraged and joyful. I have been blessed with wonderful friends. It's hard to remember this sometimes, as it's been a while since I had the opportunity to live near any of them, but I do have really wonderful friends.

I hadn't realized how much I had felt the lack of peer fellowship this winter until I was surrounded by an abundance of it again. It makes sense, though-- we're created to be in fellowship and to do life together. I pray for an opportunity to live this way again soon. For now, I'm thankful for the time I got and the encouragement it gave me to continue on.

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! Psalm 133:1

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

Let us not give up meeting together... but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25

No comments:

Post a Comment